Special Events & News
This is where you can find out about upcoming special events or read about relevant local business news!
A Special Opportunity to
Learn About Micro-Lending!
Attend This Special Event
Friday, May 17, 2013
8:30 AM – 11:30 AM
STIMULUS FUNDS – BUSINESS LOANS!
Micro-loans are $1,000 to $35,000, 3 to 7 year term,
This “must-attend” event is for you if you want to:
Learn how micro-loaning works.
Find out loans available for established businesses.
Find out micro-loans available for start-ups.
Roundtable discussion with Q&A session.
SMC SBDC at Bundy Campus
3171 S Bundy Drive
City of Santa Monica
Business License Tax Compliance Assistance Program
The Finance Department is launching a temporary Business License Tax Compliance Assistance Program authorizing the waiver of 90% of the penalties and interest assessed for noncompliance with the City’s business license tax requirements.
Goals of the Program
- Educate local businesses and self-employed persons about the City of Santa Monica’s business license requirements.
- Make it easy for businesses to come into compliance without fear of harsh penalty.
- The program will begin on April 8, 2013 and end on May 24, 2013.
- The program reduces penalties and interest by up to 90%.
- Business License applications must be received or postmarked no later than May 24, 2013.
- Only businesses physically located in Santa Monica that have never registered with the City are eligible.